Friday, December 15, 2006

I appoligize for the last couple of blogs being such bummers. I admit, I've been kind of stressed. But, after this weekend I no longer have to think about school... until the new year that is. Then, after next Thursday I don't have to think about work for a whole 12 days!!!

It is Friday and oh how long I have waited... a whole 5 days!! Friday is the night where Iain goes out for supper with some friends of his. I go on occasion but Friday evening is when I wind down and drink all the beer that Iain didn't drink before he left. I'm now on my 4th.

So, when I got in, Iain and a friend of ours was here. On the table there was an envelope addressed to Iain and I. I could tell by the handwriting that it was my best friend in Toronto. I opened it to find on the front of the card, a photo of a toy Santa face down in cotton batten snow next to a bottle of vodka. I love it! So, as the evening progressed I drank more beer and then decided to check out the website of the company that made the card. They are eEvil Design. I wrote them an email.... a very frank email telling them how much I loved their product and humor and then asking if they would ever consider hiring me on a distant-part time basis. It's not something I would normally do but hey, it doesn't hurt to stick your neck out there, no matter now uncertain you may be. The way I look at it is that it's only an email address.



So, here's to the new year and new endeavors!!

2 comments:

Moxy Ness said...

you must have a very beautiful, smart, FUNNY, thoughtful, charming, "moxy" Best Friend?! I would love to have a friend like that! wow! you are the luckiest gal I know!

Cornelius T. Fish said...

Awwww....Santa has shit himself.

Blog Directory