Sunday, December 31, 2006

One of my new years resolutions for 2007 (aside from the usual qitting smoking, losing weight, etc.) will be getting my talent back. As I am on holidays, away from both work and school I am realizing the amount of potential that I have and the fact my current lifestyle isn't allowing me to really get into it. So, here are some things that I am going to do in the new year that will lasso my creativity.



1. Discover all of the opportunities out there. Stick my neck out and seize what is mine.



2. Develop more styles. Work with mediums that I don't care for or never touch. I must show prospective employers what I am capable of.



3. Try to finish or at least work with projects that are unfinished.



4. Gather all of my ideas and throw then into some sort of preverbial hat and work though them.



5. Finish all of my business material. Press kit, business card, website, etc.



I know I can do this. It is just a matter of motivating myself to get my ass in gear. There have been so many times that I have gotten hired for a job based on the fact that I simply inquired about possible employment with that particular company. For instance, the job I am at now. I am not even graduated from the program that I am taking but I was hired for a full time position as a graphic designer simply by contacting the company to see if they needed anyone.



Ahh, this break is exactly what I needed. I was so damn frustrated before the holidays but I knew I would be feeling better once I got to relax.



Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Cornelius T. Fish said...

I so want a proverbial hat.

Cornelius T. Fish said...

And metaphorical spats.

Blog Directory